Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Got Coupons?




Well I have dusted off my old coupon container. It is time to get into saving some money again. I got the above along with a pack of gum that is not on display for $1.09! Candy and Tressa you will appreciate this deal.

I was pretty into couponing last year at this time for about 6 months and then got burnt out; plus broke! If I was saving so much money how could I become broke you may wonder? Let me just say EASY! As a good, wise friend of mine once said (Janie) "Just because its on sale doesn't mean I can afford it." That was my problem. I was finding so many sweet deals I thought I would just stock up for the year at that rock bottom price. Smart yes if you have the money to do that....foolish and dumb if you do not.

So with this new year I am going to coupon like a smart person. I will get good deals and stay within my budget. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Adalia said...

I so envy your ability to coupon! Still havent gotten into it yet but would love to understand it more. Keep the posts coming!

Janie said...

I like it! You may inspire me :)

Candy said...

way to go! I got some killer good deals this week too!
I'm planning an awesome Smith's trip for next week.
Go Team Coupons!

Lanette said...

I want to be more like that. You've inspired me to try a little harder. Thanks, Cy. Love you.

Tressa Card said...

YEAH, Love the couponing. I have way slowed down, haven't been going to reno so way less to do out here but Trevor gives me every Saturday to just walk around Walmart and take as long as I want. I don't get near the deals that I do in Reno but we are on a budget now which means way less deals in the Card house. Call me soon. I'd love to chat!

Liz said...

Cylee I want to do this with you! You have to help me, I really want to get started. P.S. the reason I have not come out to your house yet, is because my kids have been sick for weeks, but they are finally getting better, so hopefully soon. :P