Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Very Own Vacation

I went and spent Friday evening till Monday night with my parents all by myself!!! It was so enjoyable. I missed Mike and the kids very much but this little time out was way over due. I was able to go and take care of only myself for a few blissful, wonderful days. My mom and I wanted to do some sewing and we have been talking about doing aprons for sometime and we finally did it. Below are some pictures of what an amazing craft room my mom has.




My mom has wanted me to be into sewing for a long time so I think she enjoyed helping me. I do have to say that when she helps me she really helps me. She didn't get invovled into her own project so she could stop and drop when I needed her. However, there is a down side to this...she wants to take over my project. We were able to work and play together without any major mishaps even with the little pocket situation.

My mom has five machines so it was fun to bounce around to the ones I needed. I am so lucky to have her to teach me these things. She has been sewing all her life so she is very good at what she does. Thank you mom!




Above are the two finished projects and I have to say I am so happy with myself. Marie Ricks, yes that lady again, says that every good home manager needs a good apron to wear when ordering your house. Now I am set with two!!

Thank you mom!

This is my brother Jake. I always have a lot of fun when he is around. He is the most sweet and funny guy you will ever meet. He has the best manners and is so fun to be around. He is getting ready to move a long ways away (sure Jake now that I am close!) and he will be missed!


My mom is in a photography class so she had me pose while I was there. She usually has to force Randy to pose for her and he can be impatient at times. So I think she was happy that I was willing to play along as long as she made me look decent. And I must say I was happy how they turned out. Its amazing what a little makeup and some extra time spent on yourself can do.





It was so nice to spend time with Mom, Randy, and Jake. They are such wonderful people. I loved my time away to be goofy, sew, and play with pictures. But I was so happy to get home Monday night and hug my family again!

8 comments:

Janie said...

WOW!! I didn't realize what a sexy, hot friend I had!!! :) Those pictures are very nice. Man, that Mike is a lucky guy.

Holy craft room. I don't know how you got anything done in that tiny thing! :) Your mom is a spoiled woman. With five machines, tell her I expect that next time I see your family, everyone better have on homemade outfits!!! That craft room is amazing and you look like a hot house wife in your aprons.

Speaking of hot, Your brother is a hunk! Where is he moving? That sucks for you. But should be a hint that family doesn't stick around so you should come back to your friends, the Chapman's. Think about it.

Janie said...

PS. Your hair looks great!

Annie Jane said...

That is a really cute tribute to your weekend. How wonderful. You and your mom are both gorgeous. And talented--those aprons are lovely! You look like you are modeling etsy aprons you sell!
I love the picture of you with the headband, and I love your hair color.
I like your playlist, too.

Candy said...

GOR-GEOUS! WOW! Cylee, you are just so beautiful, I love those pictures of you! I am feeling extra awful about myself because I've been sick and haven't done my hair and make up in a week. I am Mrs. Drab Face!

And I am so jealous of your mom's craft room! Dream!

THat is so great that you were able to get away for a few days, it helps to feel a little rejuvinated huh?
Miss you! Your aprons look darling!

Johnny said...

Love the pictures. Your aprons are really cute. It makes me want one. Looks like you guys had alot of fun! Love ya Shana

Adalia said...

Wow what a fun weekend! I am so jealous! You look gorgeous in your pics my goodness!! We miss you guys!!

Liz said...

Yes, you know your a hottie! Seriously though, the pictures are beautiful, I especially like the one where your eyes look super blue!

What a fun weekend!

Jaime said...

It looks like you had a great weekend with your family and much needed time away.

Your aprons look great, good job Cylee!

Those are beautiful pics of you...and you say that you never look good in pictures..WHATEVER!! You are one Hot Mama!!