Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Hero's

It goes without being said that my parents have had a profound effect on my life. I am in great part who I am because of how they raised me and I thank them for that. I find that as I am getting older and raising my own family I appreciate them even more. I am very blessed to have them.

Growing up I don't remember having any hero's to look to or try to emulate. However, I do now. There are 4 individuals who's thoughts on life have created such a huge paradigm shift for me that it has added a whole new dimension to my life.

I don't want this first person to sound cliche, because he is often referred to by millions upon millions of people, but he truly is on the top of my list as far as influencing my life in the most dramatic way.. Jesus Christ. Since reading His words and studying the scriptures I have found what this man taught to be so true and dead on. So much so that I was headed one way in life and after reading what he taught I found myself on a completely different path of life. For me this experience has been most powerful to date.

Stephen Covey would have to be my second. His books and his philosophy's are so inspirational and motivating they have forever left a mark upon me. Thanks to him I found my friend, my planner.

Cleon Skousen is the man...that's how I feel about him! It is rare indeed when you can take a smarty pants like he is and have him convey his knowledge to you in a way that not only you understand but it takes you to a whole new level of understanding. It helps that all these people have the same principals that I do.

And last but by NO means least, Marie Ricks. "Who?" you may ask. Only the most organized, spiritual, powerhouse that has ever lived!!!! (As far as I know.) This lady wrote the House of Order Handbook. This woman covers cleaning, goals, time management, family councils, finance, food storage and so much more. I am taking her 8 week FREE course and it has been phenomenal! I am so inspired by her. She has taught me that I can be the best home manager if I want to and she has taught me how to do it in a way that is fun and challenging.

I love having hero's and people to look up too. I love that I can read and have my understanding enlarged by someone else. I feel so blessed to live in a time when I have so much freedom and can choose to better myself in anyway that I want to. What I become is all up to me!!

3 comments:

Janie said...

Whoa! You forgot me! I should go right under the Big Guy in second place. Please make the corrections and I will check in later. You have about 10 min.

Jaime said...

It must've been a great class last night!

Liz said...

Great post! let me know when the next free seminar is, I would really like to go, even if I have to get a sitter.