Sunday, February 14, 2010

Family Councils

So we have finally implemented family councils. Tonight made week three and I love doing them. They are patterned after Marie Rick's example which is done in three sessions on Sunday. The first is done before church where Mike and I go over the calendar for the week, problems to be talked about and such things that will make the following week work out. The theory is talk out next week so you don't have to fight it out during the week.

The second session is done after church with everyone. We cover the calendar again, problems/solutions that everyone has, chores that have been assigned and we report on how we all did and then everyone gives specific sincere compliments to everyone. This by far is the sweetest part of the whole thing. I have felt my love grow for my little family like nothing else.

Then the final part is after dinner me and Mike meet with each of the kids individually and let them talk about what they want to and we listen and express love. I have gotten so much out of this time together with the family. I truly cannot express enough how I love them. I hope when I read this at the end of the year we are still doing this. I truly feel that this will keep us strong as a family and the lines of communication open.

1 comment:

Janie said...

I really like that idea! I am going to try to implement this in my family. We'll see how it goes!!