Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Weekend







Friday we went bowling and it was okay. It was good to get out and see some of the town but Morgan was all over the place, Carson was constantly whining about something and Cole...he did pretty good. I think because we haven't gone out together as a family we are a little rusty. Plus, Morgan is at the roaming stage of life where she is all over! However, with all the work that went into taking the whole gang into public I would do it again. I want to play this year a lot with my family.

It is so easy to slip into drill Sargent mode and suck the fun out of everything with all that needs to get done all the time. I need to put scheduling time daily to PLAY with the kids and let them be and do as they want will really be good for us.

The next day, our Easter as far as the Easter bunny goes, was fun. The kids enjoyed their buckets of treats they got and finding the hidden eggs in the house. On top of that we decided to brave the cold and went to a community egg hunt. Wow! is all I can say. There was a huge turn out (I am glad we went a 1/2 hour early) and there was plenty for all. I was really impressed with the city event. We froze but it was really great for the kids. I LOVE seeing their excitement! It makes me happy.

Now we will finish off the weekend with General Conference. Already with today's sessions I find myself inspired to step it up. I love the light and knowledge that comes with these special weekends where our leaders talk to us. Where our prophet talks to us! I am so thankful for that and can't wait for tomorrow without the distractions of Easter to get in the way. (It was hard to focus today with the sugar induced mob running around!)

2 comments:

Johnny said...

Sounds like a full weekend to me. You guys are always up to something, which is good. That 28th amendment sounds good to me, I was reading something on that the other day.

Janie said...

I love how honest you are! :) Morgan is so cute! She has really grown into herself well. I love the pig tail thing. The boys looks as handsome as ever! I need to get out more too.

I LOVED conference!! What an amazing one. I am going to blog about it. It completely renewed in parenting and womanhood. I love the sense you get from our GA about how much Heavenly Father loves his daughters and the roll we play.

I can't believe you sent it!!! I can't wait to get it!