Thursday, May 27, 2010

Original Intent

I am shocked and amazed at what I have not been taught about our American heritage! I am even more shocked and amazed that our history has been changed….on purpose! (I think enraged is a better adjective.) The things I am reading about our founders and the founding of this country is so inspiring it has brought me to tears. I WISH we were being taught this, I WISH we all knew our history. (I bet if we had been taught the truth this bull crap wouldn’t be going on right now in Washington and in our homes!)

I wanted to write about the separation of church and state phrase we all know so well. This phrase has lead us to take prayer out of school, reading the bible out of school, the ten commandments taken down in our public buildings and many more such ridiculous acts done in the name of separation of church and state. This phrase has been attached to the first amendment, even though this phrase is found NO WHERE in the 1st amendment or in the constitution for that matter!

The first part of the 1st amendment meant two things in dealing with religion. The first clause guarantees the free exercise of religion i.e. to freely express our religious faith. The second clause was to prohibit the establishment of a national church, meaning no national religion that we all had to adhere to. (Like the one the founders were trying to escape from!)

The professors of our day and politicians would have us believe that the founders, men of GOD, were trying to tell us that all religious activities were to be done in the home or in church not in public. We have been taught that the first amendment “really” means we have to keep religion out of our public life. We have been taught wrong! We have been mislead! Our history has been changed on purpose to get us away from God!

The founders intended the 1st amendment to PROTECT our religious activities and not establish a national government. They held church meetings in the Capital building for crying out loud! The founders were all men of God and were very spiritual and taught us that we would only be a free nation as long as we were a “moral and religious” people. They encouraged Christian principals. How in the world did we get to such religious intolerance for Christianity?

The court ruling in 1947 is where it all started. The court decided for the first time to not look at the founder’s original intent! They decided to redefine what church meant and to separate us from God!

I have been reading a book called Original Intent and it is blowing my mind but at the same time it is strengthening my faith! I heard a man say that he feels the same Spirit while reading the founder’s writing as he does the scriptures and I agree! I feel for too long I have been hesitant to talk about God in public or to freely express my views on life to strangers, afraid to offend. I think those days are over. I think I am ready to remind all those freedom, loving individuals, who fain offense when God is mentioned, to give gratitude to the Being who made it possible for them to do as they please. And I am ready without hesitation to remind our dear President that yes, we are a Christian nation and He is in charge, not him!

No comments: