Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Washington Excursion


Mike is so great! He earned a free round trip and told me to go and see Cass with it sometime and I finally did. This post is all about my weekend trip with her. Cassie is 7 years younger than me and I feel we have a really good relationship. We fought all the way growing up but once I left home that is when our relationship changed. I guess we finally realized that we did love each other!

This is my sweet little nephew Maddux. I was so surprised to see how much he had grown! I am talking leaps and bounds. I have never really had the chance to bond with him but we sure did on this trip. I don't think I have ever meet a little guy with such a sweet, tender, little spirit like his. He has had a lot of physical challenges to deal with but you would never be able to tell with his attitude. I am amazed by him...he really touched my heart this last weekend.

And this sweet little thing is the spitting image of Cass! Bella was fun to watch. She is very independent and a little busy body. I thoroughly enjoyed her personality and can't wait till we can play again. I know she keeps Cassie and Tildan on their toes.
(I didn't get a picture of Tildan he was working most of the time.)

It was so green there! I could not believe all the plants and ferns and trees...it was truly a treat to see it. We went for a walk and Cassie took some pictures.



One of the nights we decided to color our hair together. Thank goodness this didn't turn out as bad as it could have. Cass being the trusting little sister just listened to me tell her what we needed to do. When we were on the last step I realized that I totally misread and we did a big no no. Needless, to say our hair only has a slight orange tint versus what it could have been. Thanks for not being too mad Cass!

Cassie and her family have been wanting to go to church so I was able to go with them for their first time there! It seems like a wonderful ward and the kids did really good. Granted sitting for an hour with a 1 1/2 year old has its challenges but I think they did great.

This is just minutes from where they live. Pretty, hu?


It was so wonderful to go and see where she lived and what her world was like. Her and Tildan were wonderful and hopefully I will be able to visit them again. What a great family. Thank you so much Cass for letting me come. I love ya!

4 comments:

Janie said...

What a fun trip!!!!! All the pictures are priceless and the one of you guys high fiving is hilarious. I was totally laughing. I can't believe how big her kids are! especially her son!! Cassie looks great. She looks super skinny, I think it runs in your family.

You better be blond when I come to visit, none of this orange crap :) Stop trying to be a warm :) Just kidding.

You didn't take your kids? Miss you every day!

Michael Pressley said...

You guys are dorks! Especially Cassie!

The Carter's said...

OOOOhhhh You are so sweet I had so much fun too!!! I was all teary when I was reading about maddy and Bella and then busted up laughing when I got to the hair! lol! I have so much fun with you!!! I still haven't posted yet....There's a few things you left out...muuuaaahhaaahhaa Coming soon....I love your post and miss you like crazy. Your such an amazing sister and im lucky your my older and crazier one! xoxoxoxox
:) :):):):)

Johnny said...

Wow that is really nice there. We love the big trees! Mike sure is a nice guy for sending you away to see your sister. Better hold on to that one. Thanks for your comments on the blog awhile back it made her feel good (you know how women are about that stuff). Kathleen did cut her hair. We are getting anxious to come see you guys, you'll have to let us know when is a good weekend for you guys. Are you guys coming for the family reunion as well?