Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Value of Work

Nothing makes me feel as satisfied as working hard and then stepping back and looking at what you have accomplished. I LOVE that feeling! I like being sore and exhausted to the point where you can’t give anymore and just have to sit down. This is the description of today.

We worked on getting the fence up again, along with a few other things. We are still not done…..and probably will need to put a few more days in like today before we are. I am exhausted but very happy with what we all accomplished. Even the kids worked their little bums off.

When the boys and I were loading up concrete from the goat area little Morgan saw that everyone was working and without being told she went and picked up pieces she could carry and put them in the bed of the truck. She did this for longer than the boys did. What a little trooper! And the boys did well today too. I am very happy with this Saturday.

I think to work is good and gives us a sense of accomplishment and feelings of self worth. At times I may long for a life of ease and to have everything I want but I think if that were the case I would be an under-developed person. I know I feel best about myself when I have been working and when I practice restraint in my wants.

No comments: