Saturday, January 8, 2011

Final Thoughts on 2010


This past year for me at times has been filled with wonderful blessings and at other times I have found myself knee deep in trials. I am glad 2010 is over and I am more glad of the things I hopefully learned about myself and others around me.

This past year I have spent more time with my family than I have since I left home in 1998. What a blessing to be close to them. The only thing missing here is more time with Grandma and Grandpa Pressley. Truly this life is about family and sadly so many times I think I get distracted from that truth. Wouldn't it be nice to live what you know 24/7?

Most of the goals I set for 2010 I failed but there were a few that were great successes. One being our family councils. I think we missed only a few for the whole year. We hold these on Sundays and the kids and us look forward to them. I like knowing that in something as important as family time and communication we stuck to our guns on that one.

I have to agree with whoever said the hardest part about setting a goal is starting it. Truly, I can plan down to the slightest detail but to actually start something new sometimes is like climbing Mt. Everest. The hard part for me is finding the drive and motivation to just DO IT.

Well, 2010 is over and 2011 is here! I am glad for new beginnings and look forward to all the new blessings and trials that are coming to teach me how to be better.

3 comments:

Janie said...

Nice post. I like the picture of you playing, what I can only assume, is the Kinect. That is a serious face you are making.

That is awesome that in the place that matters most, you met your goals. It is all about family. Good luck in 2011!!

Love Aunt Janie ;)

Johnny said...

We enjoyed the pictures. Are you guys still playing? We are glad you guys are close too.

Katie said...

Great post!
It is always fun to see pictures of your cute family!

Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one!