Friday, January 21, 2011

Sacrifices

So tonight was my once a month girls night out. Sadly, I have sick kids and an absent husband, and I had to forgo my night out. Isn’t it funny the things we willingly and unwillingly give up for these little creatures in our lives?

Motherhood is truly a great teacher of who you really are as a person. I would never see some of the hidden feelings in my heart if it wasn’t for kids. I am thankful for the blessings of being a mom. I am thankful for my little demanding munchkins that will refine me like gold, I hope!

So I missed out on a girls night, o-well, there will be one next month and the month after but the little snippets of time I have with my kids at this stage right now will not last long. I think it best to sacrifice a little “me time” in order to be there for them because I get the feeling when they are grown I will long for these moments.

4 comments:

Janie said...

So true. Kids are a huge blessing. We just can't see that until they are here. And sometimes when they drive me crazy I forget too :) Hope everyone feels better soon.

Candy said...

i liked this post cylee, thanks for sharing.
also, i seriously need your help with food storage. i'm sure you've heard of wendy dewitt (sp?). My ward is all about her and we just had a food storage special interest activity last night.
I really need to get my rear in gear. I'm going to click on your links right now!

Erica said...

you are a wonderful mommy, those kids will look back when they are older, and always remember how mama took care of them when they were well or sick..

it's true, it goes by fast, and we really don't have that long at all before they are grown. enjoy.

xoxoxo
e.

Katie said...

You are such a sweet mom!
Hopefully everyone is back to feeling better really soon!
Our house can completely relate. We are all sick with fevers and coughs.
:( Yuck!