Sunday, January 23, 2011

Where does the time go?

Tonight was fun with our little family. After family council we pulled out the home movies and watched those for a few hours. Oh my, where does the time go!? (Every time I watch those things they put me in a reflective mood.) Just five years ago Cole was two and Carson was brand new! To say five years sounds like a long time but when you pull out the home movies it takes you right back, and then it feels like yesterday.

We truly do not have a lot of time here, and we truly do not have very long with our kids! The stages they go through in just a few years is crazy. Listening to Cole's baby talk and cute, little, Carson's monster walk is so far removed from where they are now. And to think that in a few years I will be longing for the present time I have with them.

What to do about the time problem? I guess its not a problem all the time, especially when they are crying and fighting....but in sweet moments like today when you see their childhood flash before your eyes, it makes me ponder on how do I want to behave in the time I have left with them? What can I do different to maximize the time I have remaining? How can I lessen the blow of them growing up eventually? The only thought that comes is spend the time on them now, love them, cuddle them, teach them, hold them, play with them, and just be the best I can for them.

It was a good day!

2 comments:

Lanette said...

I loved this post, Cy.

Jaime said...

Just live in the moment my sweet sister...because they do grow up right before your eyes!