Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bee Update


I LOVE having bees! I love seeing them in the garden and I love watching them in there own environment. Truly they are amazing little creatures. How can you not believe in a God after reading up about how they are made, and all they do?!

We have now put on the second super (box) on our second hive. We checked them after church today and WOW things are really happening out there! In this picture you can see the capped honey and the capped brood. Brood, which is soon-to-be-bees,are the brown capped off color and the honey is the white capped off part of the frame. This is the first inspection we have had where we have seen capped honey! They are doing what they are suppose too!

I think I have explained before that we came into a second hive by a friend capturing a swarm and giving them to us. I am so glad he did because now we have something to compare our hive with. Not to mention double the honey! We were able to taste some of it today and it was amazing. Still have not got stung yet but I am not holding my breath... I am sure it will happen.

1 comment:

Janie said...

I am having creepy crawlies now, but I think it is awesome. I can't wait to see it all in person. Is Jamie prego?