Monday, July 13, 2015

Dad and Carson's 1st Elk Hunt/ Pine Wood Derby (2014)

 Uinta mountains is where this hunt took place.  Mike and Carson went with Jed for 3 days and it was beautiful weather the whole time.
 Carson was in such heaven he said that he didn't even care about spiders possibly crawling on him.
 Carson says he was starving in this picture.  He remembers getting up at 4 am and then riding on the 4 wheeler for an hour and then hiking for an hour and then being able to watch the sunrise.  He said that was the best part.

 I know he had the time of his life with his dad because when he came home he was glowing with happiness and went into a little bit of depression over having to be back and do his normal things.  I felt so bad for him.  I can relate.  When I go off and have a good time and then have to come back and do the normal routine it can be hard.
 So glad that the kids have a dad that takes them places and wants to be part of their lives.
 Pine wood derby this year was amazing!  Mike recruited some top notch help in putting the cars together.  Brady and Danielle painted both the boys cars.  Mike Holmes helped add weight to the cars...with silver!  I think that might have been our secret weapon.

 Cole was not feeling good that night but he still took 2nd place!
 Carson took first!
Love this shot!!  I was away at a home school conference so I didn't get to see it but Mike called and sent me pictures and told me all about it.  Made this mamma's heart happy.

No comments: