Monday, August 10, 2009

A Buffalo Named Cassie

So that nasty piece of fur you see on the ground there is a buffalo that Michael shot back in February. I was very happy that he got to go and do something he really wanted to do. However, I was not anticipating the hide he would want to display proudly somewhere in the house. The boys were very excited about it and wanted to name it. Cole came up with Cassie. (Cass, I have no idea why he chose that name but I guess you could consider it a complement!) They wanted Mike to hang it upstairs on their wall. Disgusting......



So because I was putting up such a fuss about having it in the house the boys decided to really push my buttons and started laying on it and rolling around on it. I am happy to say that it is boxed up in the garage. One day Cassie will be able to take her rightful place and be displayed proudly on our garage wall.

3 comments:

Candy said...

that's hilarious. a buffalo fur named Cassie.

Michael Pressley said...

This beautiful piece of natural beauty will never be subjected to the garage wall. It will either be a blanket for our bed, a rug in our bedroom, or a nice wall piece somewhere...just you wait!

Janie said...

Does Mike not realize that bears are beautiful hence you display them but buffalo are better left for eating not displaying. Everytime I see it I fall into ireverant laughfter. You don't want people to come over and get side aches from laughing to hard do you?