Saturday, August 22, 2009

Outside in Idaho

My parents have the most beautiful house and yard. It sits on 40 acres and is just gorgeous. It is surrounded by fields of mustard right now and is so pretty. It is so nice being in open space and surrounded by fields. I know that Idaho is not the prettiest place in the world, but because it is where I grew up I think it will always be the best place to me. And the cottonwood trees there make the most wonderful sound in the wind. It almost sounds like water.

I didn't grow up in this house. My parents built this about 6 years ago. I grew up in town on Riverton Road. I will have to do a post about that house. I have a lot of good memories there. Even though I say it was in town, we were still across the street from fields. Thats whats great about small towns.

I think this property comes close to my dream place. They are situated in the middle of their land. They have a huge garden area and plenty of space to do whatever they want.


That day we just sat on the grass and I watched the kids play while my mom tried to get pictures of the kids. It was so relaxing. The boys just ran wild outside. Being in the country takes some pressure off watching your kids in some ways. First, you don't have to worry about them getting hit by a car, they can yell as loud as they want and they are not bothering anybody, and they can go and explore because there is so much space.

1 comment:

Janie said...

That looks BEAUTIFUL!!! What a nice spot your parents have. There lawn looks like you could take a nap in it. Your kids must go crazy playing there.

Next time my kid's gonna beat your kid! :)