Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Do You Smell That?



I LOVE the smell of homemade bread. It reminds me of growing up. I remember being little and so excited when the air would fill with delicious smelling foods and being so excited to try them. The smells of food in the air really do make a house feel more like a "home".

I am trying to get back into all the good habits I had developed over in Nevada. The past two years (not counting the last 5 months, due to the move) I have made bread almost every week. It started out as something I should do because we needed to use all the wheat that we had. Then it turned into something I liked! I enjoy doing it and I like knowing I am in control of what goes into the ingredients. Plus, I want to give my children what my mom gave me growing up, a home that smells delicious with good things to eat.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh yum! Your bread was delicious! I have been trying to make my own bread lately too, but I'm not very consistent and it's still such a novelty that we devour it faster than usual so it's hard to keep up. If you have a copy of your recipe electronic, would you mind sending it my way? Brett thinks we can borrow his mom's wheat grinder, so perhaps I can make some food storage bread someday afterall!

Janie said...

What's going on with you and smell. First it was gas, now bread. Lets stop at those smells. We don't want to know about your other smells! Just kidding. I love the smell of homemade bread too! Someday I will get into making bread.

PS. That snowman IS cute but also hilarious as I stated in the post. If he didn't have crazy eyes he wouldn't be so funny :) You're just jealous that your neighbors don't have that kind of talent. :) :)

Johnny said...

We thought you guys were going to call us but we may have to put it off for awhile anyway. Give Shanas phone a call when you guys have a free minute. The bread looks delicious and we can smell it from here.

Jaime said...

Yum...the bread looks great, I'm due to make some myself! Are you still using my recipe or your Mom's?