Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Starting From Scratch



So this is what the yard looked like when we tore down the fence. It was so good to have it opened up back there. I will never understand why the previous owners bought it and then put up a little bitty fence.

Here we have the new posts up. Do they match the white fence? No, but we will get to that later with some paint.


I think we might have the best home teacher ever! Last week him and his boys brought us a truck load of cow manure over for our garden. I am talking a HUGE pile of poop. It was not fun to try and spread it around because it was so fresh but it will be so good for our garden.

He then came again last night with his boys and helped us shovel the manure around while his boys helped me move the concrete from the old posts out of the way. Then he proceeded to plow up our yard for us. He and his boys are amazing. It is exciting to see our yard slowly coming together.

I want to document these pictures so in the years to come when we have grass and trees we can so how far we have come.

4 comments:

Janie said...

That is so freaking AWESOME!! It is funny to look at my post of my little 11x5 plot to garden and then to look at your blog and see that you actually need a tractor to till your dirt up. Try not to laugh at my little backyard. It's not the size that matters, it how much food you get out of it!! Right???

Johnny said...

Are you going to surround your house with trees?

Adalia said...

Wow! Love all the room in your huge backyard. That is one thing I miss about being back home. Enjoy all that room!

Liz said...

I love that you tore down the fence! The new posts.... now THAT is what I call a back yard! And what great home teachers! Holy Cow!