Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's About Health Care! Really?!

I just can’t take it anymore! The back and forth with the government takeover of our health care system has taken me to the brink. I have had my hopes up many times that this piece of legislation was dead. But oh no, not on this bill, it keeps coming back with more sleaze attached each time. The blatant arm twisting this administration is forcing on Congress and us is unbelievable. I want them out…all of them. I want to see America rise up in such indignation and disgust that all those in Washington get thrown out. I want to see them stripped of their life time salaries, their life time benefits and shamed in the streets for all to see.


Is that a little strong? Yes, and I think that the punishment would fit the crime. They lie to us, they steal from us, they tell us we are not smart enough and then they have the audacity to tell us that they know what is better for us than we do!!! Isn’t this the ultimate grab for our free agency!!


Now let me write myself down from the cliff……I have my faith. I know that we are here to be tired and tested, to see if we will be obedient and true to our Heavenly Father. I know that what was started up there is continuing BIG Time down here, over our FREEDOM.


On one hand I feel so helpless, like what can I do to change the direction of a nation? But on the other hand, I feel empowered because of my faith. I can pray for her, for America. I can read and get informed on the issues and the Constitution, which God through inspired men set up for us here. I can get involved in my local government and make sure I am heard. And also, I can teach. I can teach my children what God gave us and what we must do to protect it.


This is all part of the Heavenly plan and I need to concern myself with what I CAN do, not with what I cannot. I can do a lot in my little sphere. And however this healthcare debacle turns out I need to remember whose care we are in ultimately.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Man you sound like a raging right wing nut...lol...just kidding..

I love ya..I am grateful you are so passionate about your country, and wise enough to know how to do more to educate yourself and your little ones. it's all that freaking energy you have, I don't know where you get it..but I admire it..

xoxoxo
e.

Janie said...

Go Cylee, Go Cylee, Go Cylee!!!! :) I agree. It is so annoying and wrong. How did we come to this? Electing officials that don't seem to care about the precious blood spilled for our freedom! They are just willing to give it away as we become bond to our government. They are weaseling anything they can to get this thing through. I hope it doesn't pass :( I have faith in Christ just not our leaders. Keep the commandments, right?